Subconscious Mind: The Source Of Thoughts And Feelings


Thoughts, the creation of the mind is a powerful thing. One might wonder, from where do our ideas come? How do the feelings work, where do they come? In simple words, if we were to explain the source of thoughts, it would be the accumulations of the data collected from our sense organs. In a few cases, thoughts are deep often concealed inside our most profound subconscious mind.

Subconscious Mind: The Source Of Thoughts And Feelings
Subconscious Mind: The Source Of Thoughts And Feelings

Perception Of Our Senses: The Subconscious Mind

In terms of content, thought is nothing more than an echo or a repercussion. Sometimes, it comes from the accumulation of data picked by sense organs which are then further processed by our mind to create a thought. They can be channeled to take any form we want. 

Some of us do confuse thoughts with instincts, which is not correct. Abilities are more like a clarified, sure version of the idea. The species in the lower tree of evolution have more of an instinct, thus being very sure of what to do.

Thoughts Through The Subconscious Mind

Sometimes these thoughts come through the subconscious mind, deeply buried. Whatever we see, hear, smells, our subconscious mind keeps an impression of them. Nothing ever escapes from a subconscious mind; of course, one can’t always have access to it. But they can be tapped with a trigger. For example, in the case when you experience ‘déjà vu,’ your subconscious mind already had a recorded version of that event, the event just seemed to trigger that impression into your conscious mind.

Thoughts Through The Unconscious Mind

Unlike conscious thoughts, unconscious thoughts are profoundly buried and unpredictable. The concept of the unconscious mind comes from way back through the belief of past-life and karma. For example, the sea, what we as humans have explored so far is only 5%, the remaining 95% remains untapped. So, just because we haven’t seen them or studied them doesn’t imply they do not exist. The same goes for unconscious mind thoughts; it remains unexplored and inaccessible without the power of belief.

Understanding Feelings, And From Where Does It Come?

There is a part of our brain called the limbic system, which combines with the chain of hormones and nerves in our body in reaction to stimuli generating feelings. There are a lot of theories on the source of emotions, but, in the end, it’s the brain. But of course, there’s more than one side to it. Science claims, it’s the brain, our mind that’s the source of both thoughts and feelings.

While people with the firm belief in spirituality supports that it is our soul which is the primary source of both thoughts and feelings. And, if we would think, feelings are somehow interlinked to our ideas and don’t arise only out of a reaction to external stimuli. First, come the thoughts and the feeling follows. 

Subconscious Mind: The Source Of Thoughts And Feelings
Subconscious Mind: The Source Of Thoughts And Feelings

Though, thoughts or feelings are part of a much complex process than a theory. There’s much untapped which is yet to be seen, or perceived by a mind. As an example, we took of the sea, just because 95% of it remains untapped doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. All it means is that it not yet being perceived by our conscious or subconscious mind.

So, in a nutshell, there are three sources of thoughts- perceptions of our organs which passing along to our mind, subconscious thoughts storing our day-to-day experiences, and the last one which remains a more profound mystery. These unconscious mind thoughts aren’t accessible to our conscious mind. Still, it does influence or affects our view, clarities, and judgments.

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter